Located in Sandusky County’s backyard, just three miles from Downtown Fremont, we encourage youth to make friends, be creative in a safe environment, embrace nature, find their “Spark”; purpose and passions, and get away from the TV & computer to discover their own realities on our 47-acre complex along the Sandusky River. Close to home but far from virtual reality!
Swimming in Damschroder Pond, archery, canoeing, wood working and experimenting with outdoor science are just some of fun filled activities youth attending Camp Fire Sandusky County Camps have the opportunity to do. A Summer Camp Experience all under the watchful eyes of trained counselors. Summer camp helps bridge the gap between childhood and adulthood by building self-esteem, leadership skills and stretching the imagination while gaining an appreciation for the environment and community.
Camp Fire Sandusky County offers a variety of Day Camp Options for youth in pre school- 6th grade. We offer convenient before- and after- camp options for the working parents!
Leadership development volunteer experiences are available for those youth in 7th through 12th grade, Learn More.
For Questions regarding Summer Camps please contact our Program Director Micha Zinna, firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Fire is a ODJFS Licensed Facility and is required by State law to follow all licensing and summer camp guidelines for health and safety during this pandemic. All children who register for summer camp will also be required to fill out the JFS forms prior to attending our programming. We also want to ensure children have an environment that allows them to Thrive and reduces the stress of this situation to them. All Camps take place at Camp Fire Sandusky County/ Misty Meadows 2100 Baker Rd Fremont, OH unless otherwise specified in the registration. We will be engaging in independent outdoor activities that limit contact and ensure youth will continue to learn in a manner that meets our curriculum. The following will be implemented daily to ensure safety:
- All children will be scanned for temperature prior to entering our program daily. Any child who has a temperature at or over 99 degrees will not be able to access our program.
- Any parent, volunteer and staff member will be temperature screened if they enter our building or programming area.
- Drop off and pick up procedures will be implemented daily.
- Youth, staff, parents and volunteers will be asked to wash their hands upon arrival, after designated activities ( eating, outdoor play, crafting etc), and before they leave the grounds for the day.
- Sign in and out procedures will be done by staff to eliminate cross contamination.
- Hourly sanitation will occur to ensure.
- All groups will be limited to 9 youth ages 14 and under with two staff/volunteers per group.
- Additional hand washing stations will be set up through campus.
- Children can wear masks but are not required to. All staff, volunteers and visitors are required to wear a mask while inside our building or assisting youth closer than 6 feet from each other with limited exceptions.
- Daily health screenings will occur and parents will be required to verify the child is in good health daily.
- Additional health and safety precautions may be taken and required based on ACA or ODJFS guidelines.
Campers should wear/bring the following items daily:
- All campers must wear closed toed shoes (no crocs); tennis shoes or closed toed sandals with a heel strap are permitted.
- Two snacks and a sack lunch; one that does not require refrigeration, and a drink or water bottle.
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and bug spray.
- Sweat shirts, jeans and old tennis shoes – for cool weather and exploring.
- Sandals and flip flops are permitted only to be worn only on the beach area.
- Snacks will be available for sale during lunch. Bring small amounts of cash if planning to make snack purchases.
- Water is available all day for free. Campers are encouraged to bring water bottles to fill throughout the day.
Before/After- Camp Care
- Camp times run from 9am-4:30pm.
- All youth who are at camp prior to 8:45 or after 4:45 will be charged 30 minutes for Before-/After-Camp care.
- Before-Camp Runs from 7:00-8:45am, After-Camp runs from 4:45pm-6:00pm
- Rate is $4.50 an hour per child.